Catering services in Kolkata often opt for Chinese dishes. Among which Fried rice is the most common one.
The following steps demonstrate the process of how the catering services in Kolkata usually cook it.
- Basmati rice- 2 cup
- Water- 1 bottle
- Carrots- 20 gms
- Beans- 20 gms
- Capsicum- 20 gms
- Peas- 20 gms
- Springed onion- 30 gms
- Onions- 4 small pcs
- Garlic- ½ cup
- Chillies- 3 to 4 pcs
- Eggs- 3 pcs
- Sunflower Oil- 4 tablespoon
- Soya sauce- 2 tablespoon
- Chilli sauce- ½ teaspoon
- Salt- 3 ½ tablespoon
- Sugar- 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
Procedure for making the rice:
- Take a vessel and add the rice to it. Wash the rice thoroughly till the water goes transparent.
- Make sure you don’t break the rice, as the Catering services in Kolkata never make such mistakes.
- Take another cooking vessel which is round in shape. Add 4 cups of water and one tablespoon salt, let it boil.
- Then slowly, add the washed rice into the boiling water.
- A pro tip for caterers, the count of the rice to ratio is 1:2. That is for 2 cups of rice, 4 cups of water.
- The water you are using should be boiling, or else it shall break the rice.
- Keep boiling the rice for 10 mins straight. Then the vessel of the gas.
- Drain out all the water, and let it dry for the next step.
Caterers definitely cook on a larger utensil and with more quantity of rice. But the Catering services in Kolkata opt for the above process for a quick and yummy experience.
Catering services in Kolkata try many recipes of fried rice but egg fried rice is universally favorite option. The main reason behind it is quite simple. The original rice rice catered in China, usually mixes Chicken, Beef, Lamp, Pork and even Mutton.
Procedure for making the vegetable and eggs:
- Chop onions, garlic and chillies into extremely small pieces that are easy to binge.
- On the other hand chop down the carrots, beans, capsicum and spring onions into bite size portions.
- Take one frying pan, and add 3 tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- Let it heat for a few moments, and add the chopped garlic into the pan. (Catering services in Kolkata treat this as a leading step)
- Let the garlic leave it’s flavour, and now add the onion pcs to it.
- Slowly start adding the carrots, beans, capsicum, and spring onions to it. (Leave a few spinged onions for later use)
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes, and now it’s time for the spices.
- Now, add the soya sauce into the pan, and the chilli sauce too.
- Toss everything with the vegetables and add two and a half tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar into it.
- Add the chillies into the mixed vegetables and make a small round space between the vegetables into the pan.
- Add one tablespoon of oil, and let it heat for 30 secs.
- On the other hand, beat three eggs in a bowl and add them into the pan.
- Scramble the eggs and fry them with the vegetables.
- Toss the vegetables and eggs well into the pan.
Now, add the cooked rice into the vegetables and mix well. Add the vegetables well and incorporate all the spices with the rice. Lastly, add the black pepper into the fried rice and incorporate that into the Mixture.
Serve the thoroughly cooked egg fried rice like the catering services in Kolkata, by garnishing them with left out spring onions. That is how the yummy Chinese dish is served by the Caterers in Kolkata.